Braids, Weaves & Relaxers Claims
If you have suffered damage to your hair caused by braids, weaves or relaxers and it was not your fault you may be entitled to claim compensation for the damage. We have specialist hair injury solicitors who will deal with your claim from start to finish. We will act for you on a No Win No Fee basis to obtain the maximum amount of compensation for you.
Many women have weaves, braids and use chemical relaxers. Afro-Caribbean hair is dryer than other hair types and therefore more prone to breakage due to its structure. Having braids, weaves and using chemical relaxers carry there own risks, such as:
- Developing a form of scarring hair loss
- Bacterial scalp infections
- Traction alopecia – where the follicle is put under too much strain, which is worsened by the use of chemical relaxers
- Hair relaxers changing the structure of the hair, leading to breakage
- Thinning hair
Hair claims can be some of the most distressing types of injury and we understand that this can be a difficult time for you. We make sure that your claim is dealt with in a sensitive manner and if it is easier we can ensure that you speak to a female solicitor.
What should I do now?
- If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury from braids, weaves or relaxers then please contact our hair claims specialists who will be able to able to advise you upon your claim.
- Consult your GP/Hospital to have your injuries examined-in severe cases your GP/Hospital may suggest you contact or be treated by a Trichologist who is an expert in problems with the hair
- Take clear photographs of the damage to your hair and scalp
- Take a hair sample to show the damage to your hair
- Contact our team of expert advisors who have years of experience in personal injury compensation and are members of the Trichological Society
Why choose us?
Our team of personal injury solicitors have years of experience in claiming for hair treatments that have gone wrong or not been administered properly.