Laser hair removal continues to grow in popularity as a preferred hair removal technique amongst both women and men in the UK. This may be because the results achieved by laser or IPL treatments are much more long-lasting. For you, there’s a lot less hassle involved and the possibility of saving money in the long run.
However, with laser hair treatments becoming more and more accessible due to popularity, it’s important that thorough research and caution are taken before you undergo any treatment.
Common laser hair removal injuries
Laser and IPL treatments can be very rigorous procedures which if done incorrectly, can cause unpleasant and lasting injuries. This is why research and caution are vital first steps.
Due to the nature of treatments, common injuries include:
- Burns, lacerations and blistering which can all leave lasting scars
- Hyper or hypopigmentation (darkening or lightening of the skin)
- Infections, particularly when cuts, burns and blisters go untreated
- Uneven complexion
Can you claim compensation for a laser hair removal injury?
If you’ve suffered any of the above injuries from a laser hair removal or IPL treatment, you may be able to make a no win no fee claim for compensation. We advise that the following steps are taken following any injury:
- Consult a doctor This step is very important in ensuring your laser hair removal injuries are treated in the best way possible to reduce the severity of them and any lasting damage. You should avoid exposure to the sun of the injury area until you have taken advice from your doctor.
- Report the incident to the beautician and/or clinic that carried out your treatment It’s important that the beauty clinic is aware of the injury as they should investigate what went wrong to ensure no one else gets hurt. When you report the injury, the beauty salon may offer you a voucher, gift card, discount or refund to compensate. We advise you not to accept these types of offers as they’re not always appropriate considering the severity of your injury. Accepting may also impact your ability to legally claim compensation or the amount you could be awarded.
- Take pictures We understand that this may not be the first thought that comes to mind at such a distressing time. However, any photos showing how bad the laser hair removal injuries are may greatly help you win the amount of compensation you deserve. Our beauty injury solicitors would usually ask to see pictures in order to use their expertise to determine the amount of compensation you should receive. We ensure that any pictures are kept confidential and are happy to accommodate any preferences in talking to a female or male lawyer.
- Documentation Keep any documents given to you by the beautician and/or clinic, such as information sheets and reports etc.
- Get in touch with us We are dedicated to ensuring innocent victims of awful accidents get the rightful compensation they deserve. Our team has years of experience in laser hair removal compensation claims and will use their expertise to help you too. Contact us today to find out how we can help you claim compensation for your laser hair removal injury.