Accident at the Gym
Most people go to the gym to improve their health and fitness but unfortunately, if the owner of the gym does not properly maintain the gym premises or its equipment then this can result in someone being injured. The gym owners owe you a duty of care whilst you are inside their gym (and in the car park).
These are just some examples of how you might be injured:
- A machine is faulty or not maintained properly
- You slip or trip on a wet surface or gym equipment left on the floor
- You were given bad (insufficient) advice by a gym instructor
- You are not given any or proper guidance by a gym instructor on how to use the gym equipment safely.
What can you claim for?
You can claim compensation for the pain and suffering caused by your injuries and the effect of those injuries on your day to day life.
You can also claim for financial losses suffered as a result of your injuries, such as loss of earnings, property damage, medical, travel expenses and potentially any care provided by family members or friends.
What should you do now?
Contact our team of expert accident lawyers. We can give you free advice about what to do next. The sooner you contact us the better, as there are time limits as to when a claim has to be made, and investigating an accident at a gym claim is easier when the process is started quickly while accidents are fresh in the memory.
- Make sure you report your injury to the gym instructors or staff and log it in their accident book
- Take clear photos of your injuries and if possible of the exact location of the accident or any gym equipment involved.
Why choose us?
Our specialist Personal Injury lawyers are experienced in pursing successful claims and will help you to get the maximum amount of compensation.
They will take the stress out of your claim by liaising with all the parties involved, such as the gym owner (and their insurers), any witnesses and your employers if required. They will make sure you receive the appropriate rehabilitation or medical treatment to aid your recovery where appropriate.