Foreign Object in Food Claims
Finding something that shouldn’t be there in your food – a foreign object – can be a traumatic experience. You are entitled to expect that all food bought from places like supermarkets, takeaways and independent shops is fit for consumption. But sometimes foreign objects appear and if eaten or bitten into they can cause nasty injuries.
We have helped clients who have been affected by many different types of foreign objects in food, including bugs and insects, small animals and reptiles, glass, plastic, bones and mould.
Common injuries can include:
- Food poisoning
- Broken or damaged teeth (see Dental Injuries)
- Cuts to the mouth and throat
- Psychological trauma
What will we do for you?
Our dedicated team of specialist personal injury lawyers has earned a reputation for dealing with all types of foreign object claims and obtaining the maximum amount of compensation as quickly as possible.
We will give you clear and straightforward advice at every stage of your claim.
Our expert help will mean you won’t have to worry about any of the legal complexities involved, and we will always keep you up to date on the progress of your claim.
Can you claim compensation?
If you have suffered an injury after finding a foreign object in your food that was not your fault then you can claim compensation.
Contact us now for free expert advice and our experienced lawyers will advise you on your claim and what to do next.
What should you do now?
- Keep the food in which you found the foreign object, its packaging and the receipt. If the food is perishable (likely to go mouldy or rot) then freeze it with the object in if possible
- Take clear pictures of the food with the foreign object
- Report the problem to the seller of the food
- Contact our team of friendly, expert personal injury lawyers who will give you free advice to help you start your No Win No Free compensation claim.
The sooner you contact us the better, as there are time limits as to when a claim has to be made, and investigating an accident claim is easier when the process is started quickly.