Dog Bite Compensation Claims
Unfortunately, dogs bite and attack approximately 200,000 people in the UK every year, ranging from minor to fatal injuries. If have you been bitten or attacked by a dog, you could be entitled to make a No Win No Fee Compensation Claim.
The attack may have happened:
- At work
- Whilst delivering something to a private property
- At a playground or park
- On the street or another public place
- At someone’s home
A compensation claim for a dog bite or attack by a dog can be easy to prove if the dog is known to be dangerous if the owners have not taken suitable precautions to safeguard others or failed to control the animal – such as by ensuring that it is on a lead, or is muzzled.
What can you claim compensation for?
Compensation can be claimed for the pain and suffering caused by your injuries and the effect of those injuries on your day to day life.
It’s possible to also claim compensation for financial losses suffered as a result of your injuries, such as loss of earnings, property damage, medical, travel expenses and potentially any care provided by family members or friends. Where it is appropriate we can also arrange private medical treatment, to speed up your recovery.
What should you do now?
If you have been bitten by a dog, here’s what you need to do:
- Report the incident to the Police, keep the crime/accident reference number
- Identify the owner of the dog and their address if possible
- Obtain any contact details of any witnesses to the attack
- Take clear photographs of the dog bite injuries as soon as possible
- If the accident occurred whilst in the course of your employment make sure you report the accident to your manager and complete an accident report form
- Visit your doctor to discuss any necessary medical treatment, e.g. a Tetanus injection
- Contact us today to get expert advice and start your No Win No Fee Compensation Claim.
Why choose Actons Injury Solicitors?
Our specialist dog bite lawyers are experienced in pursuing successful dog bite claims and will help you to get the maximum amount of compensation.
We will take the stress out of your claim by liaising with all the parties involved, such as the dog’s owner (and their insurers), the Police, any witnesses and your employers (if required). Where appropriate, we can even make sure you receive the appropriate medical treatment to aid your recovery.