In a recent press article it was reported that a woman got her eyebrows waxed the day before jetting off on a week-long break to Tenerife. She regularly had this treatment done at this particular salon but this time, experienced an eyebrow wax disaster.
However on this occasion, the beautician who usually waxed her eyebrows was busy. A trainee beautician stepped in instead.
Where the eyebrow wax went wrong
The beautician took off too much hair from the brow. The woman was alerted to this when the beautician began to fill in the waxed brow with a pencil after the treatment, at which point she sat up to see the horror of her left eyebrow practically missing.
The woman suffered from alopecia, meaning her hair grows back slower than normal. Therefore, extra care should have been taken by the beautician.
After expressing her horror, another beautician offered to fix the botched wax job by tinting her eyebrows. She looked in the mirror once again and was alarmed to find two thick black ‘slugs’ drawn above her eyes.
In anger and hysterics, the woman left the salon. She then facetimed her sister who was equally as horrified by the eyebrow wax and tint disaster.
The woman also claimed that she experienced an allergic reaction as her face swelled. This isn’t surprising as the salon proceeded to apply the tint without a patch test.
Suffering caused by the botched eyebrow treatment
The woman who claims to be known as being ‘happy-go-lucky’ and always joking and doing pranks, said her family and friends joked about her looking like something from the ‘Angry Birds’ game.
This stopped her from enjoying her holiday as she believed others would look down on her with similar unkind judgements. She also felt embarrassed to pose in family holiday pictures.
This was devastating for her as she had spent £3,000 on the holiday. It was supposed to be an exciting week compared to the holidays they usually spent in Wales.
The woman has claimed that she’ll never go to a salon to get her eyebrows waxed again.
Experienced a similar eyebrow wax disaster?
The original article was published in the Daily Mail. Click here to read more on this.